The Lost Daughter of Easa
After falling through a portal, a seventeen-year-old girl awakens lost in a forest with amnesia and must draw on her instincts and self-preservation to escape ravenous wild beasts, goblins, demons, and a dark witch who knows the secret of her past.
The Lost Daughter of Easa is the first book in the Elsie Lind series by J. L. Mulvihill.
- J. L. Mulvihill
- Mississippi, United States
- I am a native Californian living in Mississippi. I love writing and have written poetry, short stories and song lyrics from the time that I first learned to write. My most recent short stories are featured in the anthology, Memories and Dreams, published by The Fine Arts Center in Hot Springs, AR. I also love to cook and have developed many original recipes. Recently, I coupled one of my favorite recipes with a short story called, Jen's Spicy Crawfish Bisque which appears in It's All About Food with a Mississippi Twist. My first novel was accepted for publication and scheduled for release sometime before Labor Day 2011. I have written several articles for the Jackson Literature Examiner. I am also an event's coordinator for the Mississippi chapter of Imagicopter, an organization of authors and artists who promote their own publications, while lending a hand to other writers and artists. I belong to the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI), Gulf Coast Writers Association (GCWA), The Mississippi Writers Guild (MWG), as well as The Arts Council of Clinton, The Clinton Ink-Slingers Writing Group and the JavaInk Jotters.
2014 EVENTS ATTENDING
- Feb. 21-23 Con Nooga Located at the Historical Chattanooga Choo Choo and Chattanooga Convention Center
- March 7-9 CoastCon37 - Mississippi Coast Coliseum and Convention Center
- March 21 - 23 - MidSouthCon - Hilton Memphis, 939 Ridgelake Blvd Memphis, TN 38120
- May 30 - June 1 - Alabama Phoenix Festival - Sheraton Birmingham Hotel
- July 24-27 - Comic-Con International San Diego - San Diego Convention Center
- Sept. 19-21 - Imaginarium 2014 - Crowne Plaza Hotel at the Louisville Airport - Louisville, KY
- Nov. 21-23 - The Memphis Comic and Fantasy Convention - at the Memphis Hilton
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
AWAKENED TO AMNESIA
silence slowly lifted as I found myself lying still.
I opened my eyes to a sky of dancing trees,
hearing the rhythm of my breath as it floated on a breeze.
Easing from initial shock I fell deep into confusion,
bearing witness to a monster was all but an illusion.
The truth exposed by a rapid beating of my heart,
left me fearful, lost, anxious, and alone in the dark.
Then I realized that monsters were not my only fear,
If I did not know me then no one would know I’m here.
My identity like the leaves fluttered away on the wind,
I had no where to start, and no where to begin.
Yet I breathed deep this luxury of life,
and painfully arose ready to take stride.
Seeking out what rightfully should be mine,
drawing closer to my fate and accepting what I find.
The thoughts of Elsie Lind by J L Mulvihill