In these uncertain times when politics and financial woes dominate the energy around us, there is one sure and positive thing, at least in my life, that brings a short break from all the chaos; MidSouth Con. This is a place, no matter where the venue, where I have found people who share my interest and I feel at ease. MidSouth Con is a place where for one weekend reality melts away and the world outside ceases to exist. Yes, another fabulous weekend at MidSouth Con has gone by and I grudgingly bring myself back to work. However, all is not lost for though MidSouth is passed and I have to wait a whole year until it returns, I have been reset. The inspirational juices are flowing and the synergy surges through me as I look forward to new projects and old projects seen in a new light. I thank you once again to all the staff at MidSouth Con for the invigoration and the borrowing of your lifeline for the recharging of my own. Also I would like to say, that being a guest this year has offered me the opportunity to give back a little as well and in turn offer up some of the wisdom I have gleaned off others over the years to those who seek the knowledge as I once did. I also would like to thank my esteemed colleagues for their offerings as well for I have learned from them and as always treasure every piece of valued information they give me. To the honored guests who graced MidSouth with their treasures of knowledge and beautiful faces as well as personalities, I thank you and beg your forgiveness if I personally was unaware of your status or brilliant works. My only defense in my ignorance is that "I am only an egg." To my new friends, I thank you for the honor to have met you and to be allowed to call you friend for I feel one can never have too many. To my fans and those who enjoy my stories, I thank you as well with all my heart for your support and kind words for it is you who inspire me as well. Alas I now turn away and go into the world for another year but I leave you with one last thought, "LONG LIVE MOOSE AND SQUIRREL! Oh and CARL!"
The Lost Daughter of Easa
After falling through a portal, a seventeen-year-old girl awakens lost in a forest with amnesia and must draw on her instincts and self-preservation to escape ravenous wild beasts, goblins, demons, and a dark witch who knows the secret of her past.
The Lost Daughter of Easa is the first book in the Elsie Lind series by J. L. Mulvihill.
- J. L. Mulvihill
- Mississippi, United States
- I am a native Californian living in Mississippi. I love writing and have written poetry, short stories and song lyrics from the time that I first learned to write. My most recent short stories are featured in the anthology, Memories and Dreams, published by The Fine Arts Center in Hot Springs, AR. I also love to cook and have developed many original recipes. Recently, I coupled one of my favorite recipes with a short story called, Jen's Spicy Crawfish Bisque which appears in It's All About Food with a Mississippi Twist. My first novel was accepted for publication and scheduled for release sometime before Labor Day 2011. I have written several articles for the Jackson Literature Examiner. I am also an event's coordinator for the Mississippi chapter of Imagicopter, an organization of authors and artists who promote their own publications, while lending a hand to other writers and artists. I belong to the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI), Gulf Coast Writers Association (GCWA), The Mississippi Writers Guild (MWG), as well as The Arts Council of Clinton, The Clinton Ink-Slingers Writing Group and the JavaInk Jotters.
2014 EVENTS ATTENDING
- Feb. 21-23 Con Nooga Located at the Historical Chattanooga Choo Choo and Chattanooga Convention Center
- March 7-9 CoastCon37 - Mississippi Coast Coliseum and Convention Center
- March 21 - 23 - MidSouthCon - Hilton Memphis, 939 Ridgelake Blvd Memphis, TN 38120
- May 30 - June 1 - Alabama Phoenix Festival - Sheraton Birmingham Hotel
- July 24-27 - Comic-Con International San Diego - San Diego Convention Center
- Sept. 19-21 - Imaginarium 2014 - Crowne Plaza Hotel at the Louisville Airport - Louisville, KY
- Nov. 21-23 - The Memphis Comic and Fantasy Convention - at the Memphis Hilton
Monday, March 26, 2012
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)